Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday Speedwork

I headed over to my new speedwork route here in New Territory this evening. This is the .7 mile path around the lake that I described in the previous post.

Tonight I wanted to get in five repeats so I took it relatively easy on the first one, easing into it. The first one came in at 4:23, a 6:21 pace. Like I said, easing into it. The 2nd one was better at 4:10, a 6:01 pace. On the 3rd one I didn't hit the lap timer right so I didn't get a split, but I'd guess it was around 4:05 or 4:06. The 4th one was 4:04 for a 5:54 pace. I wanted to go sub 4 minutes but didn't think I had any more than that 4:04 but you never know. Time to find out on the final one. I clocked a 3:55, good for a 5:38 pace. I know I don't have much more than THAT in me, at least for now. I'm going to try to do this routine twice this week and twice next week, then maybe once the following week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home