Tuesday, November 11, 2008

.93 Mile intervals

To me, mile intervals represent the final frontier of training in that they hurt as much as any workout I've ever done and you can get in trouble real fast if you're not fit and disciplined. I haven't done these since before I got injured so it was with butterflies in my stomach that I ventured over to the course I run these on. We've always known, even before getting Garmins, that this course was just short of mile. Usually we go a little beyond a full loop in order to call it a clean mile but tonight I decided to give myself the mental gift of just doing the loop itself, which is about .93 of a mile, times four. I had enough anxiety over these already so I figured that knowing I didn't have to go a full mile on each one would help me get four done. It did. Here's my splits and my adjusted per mile pace for each .93:

5:39 (6:04)
5:34 (6:02)
5:34 (6:02)
5:31 (5:58)

Not too bad. Better than I thought and I wasn't dying at the end. The break in between is a jog of about half a mile at around a 9:30 pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home