Sunday, October 19, 2008

Long-Run Tonight, Most Of It With Steve

Until this morning I had been in Chicago working a trade show since Thursday morning. It was a Fitness Club Industry trade show so the environment definitely had me motivated to train. It was also on the chilly side in Chicago so the two times I was able to get out and run were great. I was staying at a hotel that was only about half a mile from Lakeshore Drive so I was able to get down and run along the edge of Lake Michigan twice, 7 miles each time, plus warmup and cool-down milage. Both sessions were at around 7:10 pace with the final mile of the second session (Friday morning) coming in at 6:30 pace. The temperature was mid-40s for both runs, but windy.

I wasn't able to get a run in yesterday so I was ready for some milage tonight. Steve Schroeder came over and joined me for a conversational 8-minute pace and we got in 11.6 miles before Steve called it a night due to his plantar issues and lingering soreness from a hard run he did Thursday night. I put in one more New Territory loop (3.2 miles) alone, then ran a bit more down to my house and just past to get to 15 miles even. A good long-run, nothing silly pace-wise. Should have plenty left in the tank for a hard-effort on Tuesday and maybe some speedwork on Thursday.

1/2 marathon on Sunday but I won't be anywhere near my time from last year. Six weeks into my comeback and I'm coming along nicely, but still a ways to go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bert said...

You must be the Lance Collins mentioned in the current issue of Inside Texas Running - survey of 45-49 Age Group, with a 17:53 5K? That is fast, dang!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lance,
I was wondering if you are going to run on Sunday, so instead of sending you email, I decide to check your site...!
I see that even fitness trade show did not motivate you to step on a treadmill...! :o)
See you on Sunday!
Predrag

11:07 AM  
Blogger WalkSports.com said...

Have a good one on Sunday! Will see you out there.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home