Saturday, October 20, 2007

Lots Of Miles Yesterday

The alarm was set for 6:05 yesterday morning. I woke up at 6 AM thinking I had probably another hour. Looked at the clock and groaned. Made myself get up though I was very sleepy. But it seemed like as soon as I got out the door and felt the nice temperature the sleepiness was gone. I ran 3.5 miles in 24:02, a 6:52 pace. Came back to the house and everyone was still asleep so I did my weights workout real quick, while getting breakfast ready for my two boys and other assorted kitchen tasks. Felt great.

Then last night I met Brian King over at the Greatwood loop at about 9 PM for a long-run. We planned to go 16.2, which would be the farthest Brian has gone this season. The weather was nice and we got it done.

Here are our loop (3.55 miles) splits: 26:13 (7:23 pace), 25:48 (7:16 pace), 25:33 (7:12 pace), and 25:46 (7:16 pace), which included a stop of about 20 or 30 seconds to rehydrate. Then we tacked on the mile out (7:13) and the mile back (6:52).

Total distance on the long-run (including our brief stop) - 16.2 miles, 1:57:25 (7:15 pace).

We had the oddest observation - we were out there for just under 2 hours on a beautiful night with great weather, and didn't see one single person. Very strange. No walkers, no runners, no bicylists, no one. I counted 49 people once on a similar run.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bezner said...

I can't believe you actually count people. 49 in one outing. Are you logging these? What your people PR?

3:01 PM  
Blogger Steve Bezner said...

oh yeah, good run.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Lance Collins said...

Steve,

Anything to make the time pass.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home