Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Week So Far

I've had a pretty good training week so far. Through Thursday I'm sitting at 29.9 miles. Here's what I've done to this point:

Monday : 7.1 miles on the Greatwood loop with Brian K. The loop times were: 25:56 and 24:57. Our total time was 50:53 for a 7:10 pace.

Tuesday : 3 easy miles at lunch. Time was 20:31, 6:50 pace.
Tuesday run #2 : 10.5 miles in Memorial Park with Jacob Tonge, a super nice guy and excellent runner. We didn't time ourselves and kept it conversational.

Wednesday : Went out at 8:45 PM to run 6.2 miles but just didn't feel up to it, plus my quads were a bit sore from the run with Jacob. Since I stopped doing squats I find my quads get sore more than they did before. I managed .4 miles before stopping.

Thursday : 4.4 easy miles in the morning. No watch.
Thursday run #2 : speedwork at the junior high track with Brian K. We did our usual 8x400 meter repeats with a 400 meter recovery after each one. We go all out on these thus the 400 recovery is warranted. My lap times were:
1:22, 1:21, 1:19, 1:19, 1:20, 1:20, 1:19, 1:17. Not exactly where I was 6 months ago, but darned close. Oh yeah, it was hotter than a mother out there today. Better get used to it. October is a long ways off!

1 Comments:

Blogger WalkSports.com said...

But, as you've said, running in this stuff now should pay off in October when the Space City 10-Miler is just as bad.

I do NOT - if I'm in town for it (never know with work right now) - want another 18-minute positive split.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home