Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sunday Run

I went out Sunday night to do a long-run. Unfortunately, I had eaten some great Mexican food about two and a half hours before. I can usually run after a meal if I give it two and a half hours or so, but not something so heavy as Mexican food. I should have known.

I planned to do 3 x 3.55 mile loops in Greatwood plus a mile out and back at the end but managed only 2 loops before facing reality. I got through the first loop okay, even though I was uncomfortable, in a time of 26:16. But less than a mile into the second loop I had to walk for about 3 or 4 minutes. My stomach was in knots. I managed to get back into my running pace and finish out the last 2+ miles, but my time for the second loop, with the walking included, was 31:39. Steve S. will remember when that used to be a normal loop time for us, in the very early days.

Total distance: 7.1 miles, 57:55 (8:09 pace)

Total milage for the week ending 5/21 : 44.2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home